Spring 2023 Registration is Open
Before you proceed...
You will need your HCC login name and password to complete the student agreement form and submit your course request(s). If you need help, see the myHeartland Access section at heartland.edu/collegeNow/studentInfo.
This is a new form that you only need to complete once as a College NOW Plus student unless we update the terms of agreement.
- If you are under 18 years old, your legal guardian must also submit an agreement form.
- You must complete the agreement by the tuition deadline or within 24 hours of receiving enrollment confirmation after tuition deadlines.
- If necessary, you can access/view/download this agreement guide (pdf) for help.
- Make sure you have met the prerequisites listed for the courses you desire to take each semester, using the HCC schedule provided at heartland.edu/schedule. Then, you can submit your course request(s).
- You will need your HCC login name and password to complete your enrollment requests.
- Note the course name & section number from the schedule; you will need to know those to select the HCC courses you intend to take.
- If you are approved to earn high school credit for the HCC course(s) you take on campus/online, you will need to enter the name and email address of the high school official that can confirm your approval.
- If necessary, you can access/view/download this course request form guide (pdf) for help.
- Winter Break Alert: Heartland is closed December 22 - January 3. As a result it could take more than 48 hours to process your enrollment request.
As a College NOW Plus student, you should be aware of academic deadlines, registration dates, and campus closures as shown below.
Standard Registration Timelines
Term/Semester Schedule Availability Registration Dates Summer 1st Tues in February 1st Tues in March Fall 1st Tues in March last Mon in March (priority) Spring 1st Tues in October last Mon in October (priority)
Fall 2022 Academic Calendar
Course Session Classes Begin Drop/Refund Deadline Withdrawal Deadline Final Exams 16-week Aug 22 Sep 2 Nov 9 Dec 12-16 1st 8-week Aug 22 Aug 26 Oct 3 Oct 14 1st 12-week Aug 22 Aug 30 Oct 21 Nov 11 2nd 12-week Sep 14 Sep 22 Nov 15 Dec 12-16 2nd 8-week Oct 17 Oct 21 Nov 28 Dec 12-16
Additional Fall 22 Dates
- Oct 4 Spring 2023 Course Schedule Available to You
- Oct 25 Spring 2023 Priority Registration Opens for You
- Nov 8 No Classes (Election Day)
- Nov 23-25 No Classes (Fall Break)
- Dec 13 (Spring 2023 Tuition Due)
- Dec 24-Jan 2 HCC Closed (Winter Break)
Spring 2023 Academic Calendar
Course Session Classes Begin Drop/Refund Deadline Withdrawal Deadline Final Exams 16-week Jan 17 Jan 30 Apr 14 May 15-19 1st 8-week Jan 17 Jan 23 Feb 24 Mar 10 1st 12-week Jan 17 Jan 25 Mar 24 Apr 14 1st 8-week Feb 13 Feb 21 Apr 21 May 15-19 2nd 8-week Mar 20 Mar 24 Apr 28 May 15-19
Additional Spring 23 Dates
Jan 16 (No Classes - MLK Day)
Mar 11-17 (No Classes - Spring Break)
Tuition & Required Fees
Heartland Community College tuition for credit courses is based on residency in district 540 (PDF). Some courses also carry a course-specific fee. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Fall 2022/Spring 2023 tuition and required fee rates are as follows*:
- In-district tuition - $161 per semester hour
*In-district home-school students receive an automatic $70 per credit hr tuition waiver within 24-48 hours of enrollment*
- Out-of-district tuition - $322 per semester hour
- Out-of-state/Out-of-country tuition - $483 per semester hour
- Program Development & Facilities Enhancement Fee: $2 per semester hour
- Student Life Fee: $11 per semester hour
- Course Specific Fees: varies; noted upon course selection at heartland.edu/schedule
Standard Payment OptionsPayment arrangements must be made by the tuition due date or when you are enrolled.
- In person at the Normal, Pontiac or Lincoln campus using cash (Normal campus only), check, money order, or credit/debit card. No fees are charged for paying with a credit/debit card in person.
- By mail (checks only): Heartland Community College (Attn: Cashier), 1500 W. Raab Rd., Normal, IL 61761. Post-dated checks will not be accepted. Returned checks will be assessed a $30 service fee.
- By phone by calling 309-268-8140 with a credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). No fees are charged for paying with a credit/debit card over the phone.
- Online at home.heartland.edu. Processing fees will apply to online payments and a 2.75% transaction fee will apply to credit or debit card payments.
- Find information about enrolling in an automatic payment plan at heartland.edu/payingforcollege/paymentsRefunds/paymentPlan.html
- Learn about our refund policy at heartland.edu/payingForCollege/paymentsRefunds/eligibility.html.
- In-district tuition - $161 per semester hour
Course Content &
Heartland courses contain college-level materials, coursework, and subject matters. Review descriptions and prerequisites for courses you want to take: heartland.edu/courseDescriptions myHeartland
Access your student account using the log-in information from your welcome letter to see important academic information (HCC emails, course schedule, make tuition payments, etc): my.heartland.edu College Email Use Students are expected to use their college email account for messages related their student status. Release of Information
Heartland will share academic information externally with appropriate high schools or career centers; however, legal guardians must complete the HCC release of information form to receive student academic information: heartland.edu/records/ferpa.html.
Academic Accommodations Students who need academic accommodations should work directly with the office of Student Access and Accommodation Services (SAAS): heartland.edu/accommodations HS Credit Approval Talk to your high school counselor/administrator to confirm if you can also receive high school credit for the HCC campus/online courses in your recommended plan. HS AP Courses Students who complete AP courses should have their score report sent directly from College Board to the HCC Records Office. Access Advanced Placement Chart (pdf) here.
*If required benchmarks are not met, students must take the equivalent Heartland course to continue progressing towards degree completion.*
Students can access their Heartland Community College transcript using instructions provided by the HCC Records Office: heartland.edu/records
Download/print a copy of your unofficial transcript at any time by logging into your Heartland student account (my.heartland.edu) and follow this path: Student Center » Academic Transcripts/Grades » View Unofficial Transcript
Transferability Students are advised to refer directly to the official catalog of the college or university they plan to attend and meet that institution’s requirements for a their desired area of concentration. Additional transfer resources can be found at itransfer.org as well as transferology.com HCC IT
Contact our IT staff for help setting up or accessing your myHeartland account: firstname.lastname@example.org | 309-268-8380 Plus
Learn more about starting or continuing the pursuit of a particular degree/certificate pathway through HCC: heartland.edu/collegeNow/plus Student Handbook
Students must abide by the guidelines and requirements outlined in the Student Handbook: heartland.edu/studentHandbook/