College NOW Plus Pipeline
Start an Academic/Career Pathway
- Phase 1: Connect with your high school counselor to discuss your academic and career interests, then complete the online interest inventory form below to receive a Plus Plan document.
- Or, complete the online interest inventory form if you have already been accepted into a Plus Pod/Cohort through your high school.
- Phase 2: Review your Plus Plan document and schedule an appointment to meet with a member of our early college opportunities team to discuss more information about your pathway and Heartland course options.
- Phase 3: After becoming a College NOW Plus student, submit your course requests in a timely manner to get the section that works best for you at heartland.edu/collegeNow/plus/enrollment.
As a College NOW Plus student, you should be aware of academic deadlines, registration dates, and campus closures as shown below.
Spring 2023 Academic Calendar
Course Session Classes Begin Drop/Refund Deadline Withdrawal Deadline Final Exams 16-week Jan 17 Jan 30 Apr 14 May 15-19 1st 8-week Jan 17 Jan 23 Feb 24 Mar 10 1st 12-week Jan 17 Jan 25 Mar 24 Apr 14 1st 8-week Feb 13 Feb 21 Apr 21 May 15-19 2nd 8-week Mar 20 Mar 24 Apr 28 May 15-19
Additional Dates to Remember
- Oct 4 Spring 2023 Course Schedule Available to You
- Oct 25 Spring 2023 Priority Registration Opens for You
- Nov 8 No Classes (Election Day)
- Nov 23-25 No Classes (Fall Break)
- Dec 13 (Spring 2023 Tuition Due)
- Dec 24-Jan 2 HCC Closed (Winter Break)
- Jan 16 (No Classes - MLK Day)
- Mar 11-17 (No Classes - Spring Break)
- May 29 (HCC Closed - Memorial Day)
- Jun 19 (HCC Closed - Juneteenth)
Tuition & Required Fees
Heartland Community College tuition for credit courses is based on residency in district 540 (PDF). Some courses also carry a course-specific fee. Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice.
Fall 2022/Spring 2023 tuition and required fee rates are as follows*:
- In-district tuition - $161 per semester hour
*In-district home-school students receive an automatic $70 per credit hr tuition waiver within 24-48 hours of enrollment*
- Out-of-district tuition - $322 per semester hour
- Out-of-state/Out-of-country tuition - $483 per semester hour
- Program Development & Facilities Enhancement Fee: $2 per semester hour
- Student Life Fee: $11 per semester hour
- Course Specific Fees: varies; noted upon course selection at heartland.edu/schedule
Standard Payment OptionsPayment arrangements must be made by the tuition due date or when you are enrolled.
- In person at the Normal, Pontiac or Lincoln campus using cash (Normal campus only), check, money order, or credit/debit card. No fees are charged for paying with a credit/debit card in person.
- By mail (checks only): Heartland Community College (Attn: Cashier), 1500 W. Raab Rd., Normal, IL 61761. Post-dated checks will not be accepted. Returned checks will be assessed a $30 service fee.
- By phone by calling 309-268-8140 with a credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express). No fees are charged for paying with a credit/debit card over the phone.
- Online at home.heartland.edu. Processing fees will apply to online payments and a 2.75% transaction fee will apply to credit or debit card payments.
- Find information about enrolling in an automatic payment plan at heartland.edu/payingforcollege/paymentsRefunds/paymentPlan.html
- Learn about our refund policy at heartland.edu/payingForCollege/paymentsRefunds/eligibility.html.
- In-district tuition - $161 per semester hour
Early College Advising Whether you are an independent student or in a specialized cohort/plus pod you are welcome to connect with our Early College Opportunities team to discuss your degree/certificate options through HCC at any time. Plus Pods
(also called cohorts)
Students accepted into specialized programs through your high school (i.e. computer science cohort) will also receive detailed information from the coordinator(s) at your high school about the requirements you must meet and high school/AP courses you must successfully complete. Admission
Be sure to complete the College NOW student admission process as soon as possible. Start here: heartland.edu/collegeNow/admission.
myHeartland Account Make sure you use the information provided in your welcome letter to setup your myHeartland account here: heartland.edu/password. Course Selection
Review your high school dual credit course page to see what HCC courses are offered at your high school location & work with your high school counselor to register for those courses: heartland.edu/collegeNow/highSchools
Access the HCC schedule each term to review available courses from your recommended plan that are offered on-campus or online: heartland.edu/schedule
HS Credit Approval Talk to your high school counselor/administrator to confirm if you can also receive high school credit for the HCC campus/online courses in your recommended plan. HS AP Courses Students who complete AP courses must have their score report sent directly from College Board to the HCC Records Office. Access the Advanced Placement Chart (PDF) here.*Students who do not meet required benchmarks must take the equivalent Heartland course to continue progressing towards degree completion.* Transcripts
The grades you earn will be recorded on your unofficial and official HCC transcript. Download/print a copy of your unofficial transcript at any time by logging into your Heartland student account (my.heartland.edu) and following this path: Student Center » Academic Transcripts/Grades » View Unofficial Transcript
Respond to the prompts provided below to report a change in academic/career pathway or student status from Plus Pod/Cohort to potentially becoming an independent College NOW Plus student.
- *At the appropriate time, information for College NOW Plus students who meet the requirements to complete this part of their pipeline by earning an HCC degree or certificate at the end of Spring or Summer 2023 will be available here.*