A Cultural Resource for the Community
Heartland has supported Chinese School for K-12 students and their parents since 1999. Participants include:
- American born children of Chinese parents or parents of mixed marriage
- Children adopted by American parents
- Youth and adults with an interest in Chinese language and culture
Chinese School classes focus on learning to speak, write and comprehend Mandarin Chinese. Activities such as traditional dancing, international chess and cooking provide engaging ways for students to become familiar with China’s rich cultural heritage.
Sundays from 2:00pm-4:15pm on our campus in the Workforce Development Center.
3 ways to enroll:
- Call 309-268-8160
- Come in person to the first class
- You may enroll online in one of the following sections. (Students' skill level will be assessed on the first day of class and may be recomended to a different level. All levels meet at the same time.)
Private lessons can only be arranged through Continuing Education. Contact April Fornero at 309-268-8706. Custom schedules can be arranged, but typical schedules and fees (per student):
- One hour per week for 8 weeks - $304
- One hour per week for 16 weeks - $608
- Two hours per week for 8 weeks - $608
- Two hours per week for 16 weeks - $1216