Coronavirus Information for Employees
Heartland Community College operations are aligned with state guidelines for educational institutions to support pandemic recovery. Employees must adhere to health safety procedures while on campus.
COVID-19 Case or Exposure
- Employees should report a COVID-19 case or exposure to the College.
- After reporting a COVID-19 case or exposure, a contact tracer will reach out to the employee and provide direction on reporting and/or returning to work on campus based upon current Isolation and Quarantine Guidance.
- Employees should use accrued sick leave as the primary tool for managing COVID-19 related absences. However, in some situations, the employee (in consultation with their supervisor) may determine there is some work that could be performed remotely while managing a COVID-19 related situation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- Employees must provide documentation of vaccination or are required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing. For guidance on submitting a vaccination record or COVID-19 testing please go to the COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Requirements page.
COVID-19 Testing Requirement
- Employees who are not vaccinated are required to participate in weekly COVID-19 testing. Employees can utilize the College’s SHIELD Testing Center for the weekly testing requirement. Employees who use the SHIELD Testing Center will have the test automatically reported and do not need to submit it personally. Report a COVID-19 Case or Exposure
- Fully vaccinated employees are not required to test for COVID-19. However, if an employee would like to continue testing for COVID-19 through the College’s SHIELD Testing Center, they may do so.
Remote Work due to COVID-19
- If special circumstances apply that impact an employee’s ability to work on-campus, they should complete a medical accommodation request form and return the form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Employees should use accrued sick leave as the primary tool for managing absences that occur due to COVID-19 related situations. However, in some situations, the employee (in consultation with their supervisor) may determine there is work that could be performed remotely while managing a COVID-19 related situation.
Employee and Supervisor Guidance
- COVID-19 situations are treated case-by-case and the guidance can change for each situation. It is important for employees to report a COVID-19 case or exposure so that Human Resources can provide individualized guidance and support for the employee’s situation.
- Employees and supervisors should contact Human Resources if they are unsure of how to navigate a COVID-19 related situation.
- Please contact Human Resources with questions at email@example.com or (309) 268-8130.