COVID-19 Internet Service Offers
The following internet providers are taking steps to assist you with working from home and learning online during the COVID-19 crisis.
Heartland Community College is providing this page as a convenience to help students with their awareness of options available for Internet service. All vendor offers are subject to change and agreements are made between the vendor and the student. These are not HCC provided services. Please take time to understand the terms you may be signing up for, the length of service, and what the process is to cancel service at the appropriate time before making your decision.
T-Mobile/SprintT-Mobile/Sprint COVID-19 Response
Comcast/XfinityComcast COVID-19 Response
AT&TAT&T COVID-19 Response
MediaComMediaCom COVID-19 Response
MetronetMetronet COVID-19 Response
Due to COVID-19 restrictions many locations that have free wi-fi are unavailable. Below is a list of locations that have free wi-fi availability with outdoor or “drive up” options.
Town of Normal: Town of Normal WIFI
- Uptown Normal has a free outdoor wireless network all around Uptown Station
- Free public Wi-Fi networks are also available at these Town parks and Facilities:
- Anderson (Anderson Wi-Fi)
- Champion Fields (Champion Wi-Fi)
- Community Activity Center (CAC Wi-Fi)
- Fairview (Fairview Wi-Fi)
Normal Public Library
- Free wi-fi can be accessed in Library parking lot.
Xfinity: Xfinity WIFI
- Xfinity is offering free hotspot access. Find locations by entering your zip code on their site.