Free Software for Student Use
The following sites have software available for student use for free for at least 60 days during this emergency.
Heartland Community College is providing this page as a convenience to help students with their awareness of options available for software to assist them with their studies. All vendor offers are subject to change and agreements are made between the vendor and the student. These are not HCC provided services. Please take time to understand the terms you may be signing up for, the length of service, and what the process is to cancel service at the appropriate time before making your decision.
- Office 365 - Use your HCC student email address and click “Get Started” – Download Office 365 for Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. - https://www.office.com/getoffice365
- Zoom - Video Conferencing Software - https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html
- Auto Cad/Auto Desk - Free 3D design software, learning tools and programs - https://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/autocad
- QuickBooks Online - Accounting software for student classes - https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/
- Lightworks – Professional video editing - https://www.lwks.com/
- VLC – Play media from your computer or stream it from the web - https://www.videolan.org
- Scratch - Create interactive stories, animations and games - https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Malware Bytes - Anti-malware software - https://www.malwarebytes.com/
- VUE – Concept mapping tool to build and share presentations - https://vue.tufts.edu/
- Lucid Chart – Collaborate and work with groups to create diagrams online (similar to Visio but works with non- Windows machines) - https://lucidchart.com
- Texas Instruments - Calculator emulators for your computer - https://education.ti.com/en/resources/online-learning-program
- 100 different free apps for students with download links - Scroll down the page and you will see the descriptions and links - https://laptopstudy.com/free-software-students/