According to the Environmental Protection Agency, personal automobiles are collectively the single greatest polluter in our country. Heartland is committed to supporting and promoting alternative forms of transportation.
It's easy for you to ride your bike to campus because Heartland Community College is located on The Constitution Trail and all fixed-route busses that stop on campus are equipped with bike racks
Covering over 24 miles of Bloomington-Normal, the trail can take you all kinds of places!
- Downloadable Map (PDF)
- Mobile Map
- You can pick up a printed version in the Green Institute Resource Room in the Pregracke Center
There are bicycle racks located outside all of the instructional buildings on campus.
Bike Fix-It Station
For all your tune-up needs, the Bike Fix-It Station, located in the breezeway of the Instructional Commons Building has everything you need to change a tire, add air to a tire, or tighten up loose screws.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Heartland is a signatory to the Department of Energy's Workplace Charging Challenge, and we are committed to make EV charging accessible for students, staff, and guests.
Three Level-II Chargers
- East entrance of the Workforce Development Center (WDC)
- East parking lot of the Astroth Community Education Center (ACEC)
- West entrance of the Normal Readiness Center (NRC)
Our charging stations are free to use, but we ask that users are mindful and move their vehicles once charged to make the charger available for other users.
Heartland students and staff can ride any Bloomington-Normal Connect Transit bus for FREE with a valid ID and bus sticker (provided to you when you receive your ID).
Buses to Heartland
The Yellow Route (PDF) operations times:
- Weekdays: 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Weekends: 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Campus drop-off and pick-up locations:
- Millennium Blvd in front of the Astroth Community Education Center (ACEC)
- Pheasant Lane behind the Workforce Development Center (WDC)
- Community College Drive in front of the Student Commons Building (SCB)
Arrival Times: :15 and :45
(The arrival time is scheduled for the Student Commons Building (SCB) stop. The bus will stop at the other two locations on campus BEFORE those times. Plan accordingly.)
Check the Connect Transit website for full schedules, routes, and a real-time bus tracker or this PDF version of all route maps and timetables. They also have a convenient mobile app for real-time bus tracking.
Campus Fleet Vehicles
The Heartland fleet includes a hybrid vehicle and E85 ethanol flex fuel vehicles.