Kurzweil 3000 is a multifaceted digital literacy tool that provides reading, writing and study support.
- converting text-to-speech
- Read Word, PDF, EPUB, RTF and Web
- Create MP3 files and add to iTunes
- Read aloud basic math
- converting speech-to-text
- planning and organizing the writing process
- hearing your writing read back to you
- Study tools
- graphic organizers and outlines
- embedding notes, bookmarks and highlighting
- listening to content
- vocabulary tools
Sign up for a Kurzweil Account
Kurzweil 3000 is available to all current employees and undergraduate students.
- Visit https://www.kurzweil3000.com (or open the email sent by your instructor).
- Select "Login" from the top right corner.
- Select "Forgot Password?".
- Enter your Heartland email and "Submit".
- Follow the steps in your Heartland email to "Change Password" and then return to Login.
Start Using Kurzweil 3000
- Kurzweil Firefly Online- Preferred. Has most, but not all, of the features of the desktop app.
- Chrome Extension for reading the web
- Kurzweil for Mac Version 15 web license (Download)*
- Kurzweil for Windows Version 15 web license (Download)*
*Although the desktop version has the greatest functionality, its large download size makes it prohibitive for most student laptops. Note that these are large downloads! We suggest getting on a wired connection if possible.