Technology Support Services Technician
About the Position
We seek applicants for full-time positions in the Information Technology department to install, maintain, and repair technology resources including computers, audio/visual equipment, and video conferencing systems.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Participate in rollouts of new technology
- Assist clients in resolving problems with technology resources
- Staff the IT helpdesk to provide support to users on a wide range of technology related concerns including password resets, how-to consultations, and troubleshooting software problems
- Associate’s degree in computer science, electronics technology, or related field; OR minimum two years of technical experience in a related field
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following electronic components: computers, peripherals, projectors, and telephones
- Troubleshooting skills for a range of hardware and software systems
- Effective communication skills and ability to work well as a team member
- Commitment to high quality customer service
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license
- Troubleshooting skills for video and audio conferencing systems
- Thorough understanding of PC networking
- Advanced knowledge of operating systems, including Macintosh
Review of applications will be ongoing until positions are filled. For full consideration, please submit the following by December 11, 2017.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.