Division Secretary - STEM & Business
We seek applicants for a full-time position to provide reception, secretarial, and administrative support to the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and Business division.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Perform typing, filing, scanning, data entry, purchasing, and related office support tasks
- Support processes related to instructional scheduling, syllabi preparation, and textbook acquisition
- Assist with meetings, projects, and special events
- Provide support to other areas within Learning and Student Success as needed
- Associate’s degree or appropriate experience/education
- Demonstrated minimum keyboarding skill of 40 WPM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with students, employees, and the public
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently, problem-solve, and function professionally under pressure
- Familiarity with maintenance of webpages
Review of applications will begin June 8, 2018 and continue until position is filled. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 6/8/2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.