Tenure-Track Faculty: Film Studies
We invite applicants for a full-time, 9-month appointment within the College’s Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (LASS) division anticipated to begin Fall 2019. We are seeking an interdisciplinary faculty member to help our students navigate the world of film/cinema/television/video/media. The LASS division integrates theory and practice to foster engaged citizenship through courses and co-curricular opportunities that empower students to think critically about the world, solve problems creatively, and contribute thoughtfully to humanity.
The successful candidate will teach in at least two areas: primarily Introduction to Film Studies, special topics in Film Studies, and courses in their cognate area. Faculty teach a 5/5 course load that includes online/hybrid courses and opportunities for summer teaching.
- Master’s degree or equivalent with 18+ graduate level hours in Film/Cinema Studies and 18+ graduate level hours in one of the following: Art History, Communication, Media Studies, Humanities, Theater, or other humanities/fine arts related field
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching and institutional service
- Commitment to student success
- Ability to lead and to collaborate in curriculum and program development that bridges areas across the College
- Doctoral degree
- Successful community college teaching experience
- Experience using classroom assessment to improve teaching and learning
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application addressing how your qualifications meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 1/22/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.