Director of Student Engagement
We seek applicants for a full-time position to develop and direct educationally purposeful co-curricular programs, events, and activities at the College. The focus of this position is on a student-learning approach to programming that fosters social and cultural awareness, leadership skills, personal development, and service to the College and community.
The Director will provide leadership and oversight for areas including but not limited to:
- General student activities, clubs, and organizations
- Student Government Association
- Heartland Activities Committee
- Hawk’s Nest Game Room
- Veterans Center
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years of appropriate experience
- Demonstrated understanding of student life activities for a diverse student body at a commuter community college
- Proven competency in leadership and supervision of students and staff
- Ability to organize and coordinate events and activities
- Proven competence in project management
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Master’s degree in student personnel, student development, or related field
- 3 – 5 years of appropriate experience
- Experience in student activities, college union, or related area
- Experience with budget management
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application which includes a Statement of Philosophy on Diversity and Inclusion
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 2/4/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.