We seek applicants for a full-time position to process student financial aid and loan disbursements and provide other accounting assistance to the Business Office.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Process student financial aid and loan disbursements and reconcile related records
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Maintain petty cash
- Process daily open and close cashiering functions
- Associate’s degree OR equivalent work experience
- Accounting, financial aid, accounts receivable, billing/cashiering, loan processing, or equivalent office work experience
- Ability to work with spreadsheet applications and perform complex reconciliations
- Basic math skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with students, parents, employees, and external agencies
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to problem solve, use professional judgment, work independently, and maintain confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with PeopleSoft programs
- Experience working with highly regulated federal and/or state loans or grant programs
- Experience working with Title IV financial federal assistance or educational loans
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 2/22/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.