Web and Media Technologist
We seek applicants for a full-time position within the Information Technology department to assist the Website Manager with the design, development, maintenance, and troubleshooting of College websites and other multimedia projects.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Design, develop, and maintain College websites and other web related projects
- Troubleshoot and support end-user engagement with various web and multi-media tools
- Develop materials and provide training to employees on a wide variety of multimedia and web related technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in web and graphic development related field
- Minimum two years of relevant experience in web design, graphic arts, and/or media technology
- Experience with multimedia, graphic, and audio/video production
- Proficiency developing and implementing websites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail
- Experience with web technologies including but not limited to: Java, SQL, .Net, and C#
- Familiarity with web delivery platforms including but not limited to: IIS, SharePoint, WebLogic, and Apache
- Skills in a diverse range of software applications and web development tools, including: Visual Studio, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Final Cut Pro, and Camtasia
- Experience researching, evaluating, and proposing solutions and recommendations for website and instructional projects
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards as they relate to the Americans with Disabilities Act
For consideration, please submit ALL of the following documents.
- HCC employment application
- Cover letter
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 7/1/2019, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.