Adjunct Faculty: Spanish
We seek applicants for part-time, student-centered instructors to teach Spanish courses within the College’s Liberal Arts & Social Sciences division. Positions are anticipated to be available for the Fall 2017 and future semesters.
The successful candidate will
- Implement best language teaching practices in the classroom, with a focus on communicative language learning and the 5 C’s, as established by ACTFL
- Participate in occasional modern language department meetings
- Assist in the creation and implementation of common assessments used for data collection
- Master’s degree in relevant field with at least 18 graduate semester credits related to the Spanish language, its literatures or cultures, and/or foreign language pedagogy/applied linguistics
- Advanced-low proficiency in Spanish, per guidelines established by ACTFL
- Master’s degree or higher in Spanish, the Teaching of Spanish, or Applied Linguistics/Foreign Language Pedagogy
- Native or near-native proficiency in Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish at the post-secondary level
- Experience with task-oriented instruction aligned with ACTFL standards
- Experience using technology in the classroom
- Willingness to become HCC certified in hybrid teaching
- Advanced proficiency in an additional foreign language
Review of applications will be ongoing as positions are available. For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application
- Transcript copies
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.