Tenure-Track Faculty: Physical Therapist Assistant Program
We invite applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in the College’s Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) program. This is a full-time, 9-month appointment within the Health and Human Services division that includes teaching in the classroom and laboratory settings, coordinating clinical education, and assisting with administrative responsibilities of the PTA program. Anticipated start date is August 9, 2017.
For more information about the PTA program and course offerings, please visit www.heartland.edu/catalog/pta.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or healthcare related field
- Current Illinois Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant license
- Documented 3 years of full-time post-licensure clinical experience in physical therapy
- Documented 2 years of experience as a Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) or Clinical Instructor (CI) OR a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching, curriculum development, and administration in a PT or PTA program
- Master’s degree in education or healthcare related field
For consideration, please submit the following.
- HCC employment application
- Letter of application addressing how your qualifications and transcript meet the position requirements
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy with description of teaching and assessment practices
- Transcript copies and copy of professional license (included as part of application package)
Heartland Community College
Attn: Executive Director of Human Resources
1500 West Raab Road
Normal, IL 61761
You may also submit requested application materials as email attachments to HumanResources@heartland.edu. Documents sent through email may not be secure.
Review of applications will begin 4/14/2017, and will continue until the position is filled.
A PDF version of the HCC Employment Application (PDF) is available for you to download and complete.
HCC is an Equal Opportunity Institution
Heartland Community College affirms the value of diversity among students and employees.
The College provides equal educational opportunities to all students and equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of enrollment and employment.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations due to a disability in order to participate in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office, (309) 268-8130, TDD (309) 268-8030.