Planning for Summer 2024 enrollment?
Processing of summer assistance begins April 2, 2024.
Summer financial aid award amounts are estimates based on your enrollment status. All federal and financial aid programs have specific requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- HCC must have your completed 2023-2024 FAFSA information.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at HCC.
- We will not offer you aid if you are only attending HCC for the summer semester. You must be a continuing HCC student from the Spring 2024 semester, or enrolled in classes at HCC for fall 2024.
- You must be in enrolled in summer courses that are part of your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- If you have attended 12+ credit hours in fall and 12+ credit hours in spring, you must take 6+ credit hours in summer to be eligible for PELL 2 awarding. If you are enrolled in less than 6 credit hours, you will not have financial aid eligibility for summer semester.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer courses. If this is your first semester at HCC, you must also register for fall courses (April 2nd is open registration for fall).
- Pell Grant will be automatically awarded based on eligibility.
- Check your home.heartland.edu>student center>task tile and your HCC email often. Financial aid will email if there are eligibility issues.
- Complete any requested items on your task tile immediately.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress will be evaluated at the end of the Spring 2024 semester. If you do not meet the SAP standards at that time, any summer aid previously offered to you will be cancelled.
- If you increase your course load after you have been awarded, you must contact financial aid. Summer awarding is a manual process and we do not check after we have awarded to see if you have increased your course load.
Summer Requirements for Loans
- Complete a summer loan request and request the amount you need to borrow for summer (loan request amount cannot be left blank, you must write a numerical amount). Instructions for uploading completed documents to the Financial Aid Office can be found in the ShareFile Instructions Document. We do not accept emailed documents. You may also fax documents to 309-268-7962.
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer and have remaining loan eligibility for the 2023-2024 award year.
All must be completed prior to disbursement of loan funds:
- Borrower Information Sheet-Must be completed and turned in with loan request form.
- Stafford Loan Entrance Loan Counseling-complete at www.studentaid.gov (Not required if completed previously)
- Master Promissory Note-complete at www.studentaid.gov (Not required if completed previously unless EXPIRED).
Follett (the bookstore) will email students a few weeks before courses start with notice that you a credit in the bookstore that you can use to charge course materials. Please note this is not an additional grant. The amount you charge will be added to your charges on your summer semester bill. Financial aid will be applied to your semester total. If you do not have enough aid to cover your charges, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
*Please remember that adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur debt. Always check with financial aid before altering your enrollment*
*Financial aid can adjust based on enrollment and eligibility*
*Satisfactory Academic Progress will be evaluated at the end of the Spring 2024 semester. If you do not meet the SAP standards at that time, any summer aid previously offered to you will be cancelled*
Summer tuition due date is May 21st.
Important Dates for financial aid
Progam/Courses not covered by Federal Financial Aid at Heartland Community College
- NURS 110 CNA
- NURS 136 LPN
- EMT 101
- EMT 237
- HLTCE 1025
- HLTCE 104
- Dental Assistant 102
- Pharmacy Tech 101
- Veterinary Assistant 103
- MA 150/151 Phlebotomy (unless admitted into Medical Assistant Program)
- Recovery Support Specialist Courses (HS 104, 120 and 121)