Planning for Summer 2022 enrollment?
Processing of summer assistance begins April 5, 2022.
Summer financial aid award amounts are estimates based on your enrollment status. All federal and financial aid programs have specific requirements for summer and may differ between programs.
- HCC must have your completed 2021-2022 FAFSA information.
- You must be seeking an eligible degree at HCC.
- We will not offer you aid if you are only attending HCC for the summer semester. You must be a continuing HCC student from the Spring 2022 semester, or enrolled in classes at HCC for fall 2022.
- You must be in enrolled in summer courses that are part of your degree program.
- You must be meeting the Standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Your summer Pell grant eligibility will be based on any unused Pell grant funds for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- If you've used 100% of your Pell grant for the 2021-2022 award year, you must be enrolled in 6 or more credits for summer semester to receive an additional Pell grant.
Basic Summer Financial Aid Process
- Register for summer courses. If this is your first semester at HCC, you must also register for fall courses (April 5th is open registration for fall).
- Pell Grant will be automatically awarded based on eligibility.
- Check your home.heartland.edu>student center>task tile and your HCC email often. Financial aid will email if there are eligibility issues.
- Complete any requested items on your task tile immediately.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress will be evaluated at the end of the Spring 2022 semester. If you do not meet the SAP standards at that time, any summer aid previously offered to you will be cancelled.
Summer Requirements for Loans
- Complete a summer loan request and request the amount you need to borrow for summer (loan request amount cannot be left blank, you must write a numerical amount).
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for summer and have remaining loan eligibility for the 2021-2022 award year.
All must be completed prior to disbursement of loan funds:
- Borrower Information Sheet-Must be completed and turned in with loan request form.
- Stafford Loan Entrance Loan Counseling-complete at www.studentaid.gov (Not required if completed previously)
- Master Promissory Note-complete at www.studentaid.gov (Not required if completed previously unless EXPIRED).
Follett (the bookstore) will email students a few weeks before courses start with notice that you a credit in the bookstore that you can use to charge course materials. Please note this is not an additional grant. The amount you charge will be added to your charges on your summer semester bill. Financial aid will be applied to your semester total. If you do not have enough aid to cover your charges, you will be responsible for the remaining balance.
*Please remember that adjustments to your financial aid may cause you to incur debt. Always check with financial aid before altering your enrollment*
*Financial aid can adjust based on enrollment and eligibility*
*Satisfactory Academic Progress will be evaluated at the end of the Spring 2022 semester. If you do not meet the SAP standards at that time, any summer aid previously offered to you will be cancelled*
Summer tuition due date is May 17th.
Please click to review Summer Semester important dates