College NOW Program
Heartland is committed to partnering with in-district high schools and career centers in an effort to place more students on a guided path to successful college certificate and/or degree completion.
This program provides opportunities consistent with the overall purpose of dual credit, which is outlined by the Dual Credit Quality Act as follows:
- To reduce college costs.
- To speed time to degree completion.
- To improve the curriculum for the high school students and the alignment of the curriculum with college and workplace expectations.
- To facilitate the transition between high school and college.
- To enhance communication between high schools and colleges.
- To offer opportunities for improving degree attainment for underserved student populations.
Key Partnership Components
Attend our annual partnership process meetings at Heartland (Normal Campus).
- The next meeting for high schools will be Sep 11, 2020.
- The next meeting for career centers will be Jan 8, 2021.
Choose appropriate Heartland courses through our course selection process.
Submit dual credit course requests for the next academic year by the following deadlines each year.
High schools: Sep 30th
Career centers: Jan 30th
Work with us to assist interested students from your school through the student admission process during the allowable window of opportunity.
Provide us with dual credit rosters containing only students who complete the admission process steps and meet enrollment requirements.
Solidify our partnership annually by reviewing, signing, and remitting a memorandum of agreement (MOA).