Register for Classes
Before you register, be sure to meet with an advisor and have a plan to pay for college.
View Class Options
You can find the class schedule at https://www.heartland.edu/schedule/.
If you're a CollegeNow student, please find your registration process at https://www.heartland.edu/collegenow/.
- Go to home.heartland.edu
- Click on the Student Center button and sign into your account
- Click on the Tasks tile
- The Pre-Registration Form must be completed before you register
- Return to the landing page of the Student Center
- Click the Manage Classes tile
- Click Class Search and Enroll in the left-hand navigation
- Select the semester for which you are registering
- Type in the class like this (for example): ENGL 101
- Click on the search results
- Look over your section options; take note of…
- Session and Meeting Dates: Take a look at the start date of the class. There are 16-week, 12-week, and 8-week classes.
- Days and Times: For online classes, ignore the day/time that’s listed. The college must assign a class time in our software system, which is why you see this weird time listed. Fully online classes are asynchronous; there’s no set meeting time. You’ll work at your convenience throughout the week, but you’ll have deadlines for assignments.
- Room: Sections listing HCCP or HCCL meet in Pontiac or Lincoln
- After deciding which section you want, click the small arrow at the far right
- Review that this is the section you want and click Next at the top
- Select Enroll and click Next
- Click Submit and then Yes
- You'll have a green check mark if enrollment went through; you'll have a red x if enrollment didn't go through with an error message listed
- Complete this process for each class you want to take