How can an advisor assist you?
- explore degree, transfer, and career options
- assist and empower you to gather information and make decisions in order to develop and complete an academic plan consistent with your values and goals
- answer questions about registration and college policies and procedures
- troubleshoot challenges and serve as a referral to campus resources
How can you see an advisor?
Please navigate in the side panel to the type of student you are -- new, transfer, visiting, returning, or current -- to see the ways in which you can work with an advisor.
Advisement Mission Statement
Academic advisors at Heartland Community College enhance opportunities for success by empowering students to develop and pursue meaningful educational plans compatible with their values, abilities, career aspirations, and life goals through an ongoing advisor/student partnership.
Advisement Core Values
- We value an intentional teaching and learning environment
- We value the importance of access to continual support, information, and resources
- We value student development, self-discovery, and personal growth
- We value an appreciation for lifelong learning
- We value the individual qualities, experiences, and abilities of our student population
- We value the spirit of inclusion and the diversity of our campus community