You define success, we help you achieve it!
We will team you up with a Success Coach who can help you:
- Ease your transition into college life
- Discover your strengths and create a plan for success in college
- Stay on track to accomplish your goals while enjoying the college experience
- Connect with resources to tackle difficult courses or challenges that life throws your way
- Receive ongoing support, advice and answers to your college questions
- Explore financial resources to help meet your needs
College Success Coaching
Current, returning, and visiting students can work with a Success Coach in several ways:
Campus or Virtual Appointments
You can schedule an in-person or virtual appointment at home.heartland.edu by clicking on the Appointments button, then choosing Success Connections. You will first be asked to choose the reason for your appointment. Next you will be given a variety of appointment dates/times so you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
Email or Hunter Bot
If you have just a few questions and would prefer to work through email, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will hear back from a Success Coach within 1-2 business days.
Another source of information and answers is our campus chatbot, Hunter Bot, who is available 24/7 to help you find the information you need. Hunter Bot can be found on our Student Support - Hey Hunter page in the buttom right corner of the page. Heartland staff are available Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm to live chat with you through Hunter Bot, so bookmark this important link!
Resources for Success
- Equipment Lending Form - Please complete this form if you need a laptop or hotspot to access classes this semester.
- Emergency Fund Request - Please complete this form if you are experiencing financial hardship related to COVID-19.
- Student Lingo - Improve your skills for success with free online workshops.
- LinkedIn Learning - Access personal and professional development workshops virtually, on demand 24/7!
- Success Education Courses - Earn credit while learning strategies to be successful in college and your career.
- Success Education Workshops - Develop your study skills and explore careers while earning free college credit.
- Student Supports - Find resources for childcare, transportation, housing and nearly anything else you may need.