We have more than 5,000 students representing over 30 countries.
Your Heartland Experience
We realize you're looking for a school that's a perfect fit for you college, career and life goals. We offer:
- 70+ programs of study with over 1200 day, evening and online courses
- classes that average 20 students or less so you get lots of personal attention
- modern classrooms, new technology and a well-equipped Fitness & Recreation Center
- more than 30 student clubs and organizations where you can make friends and build leadership skills
Our specialized international support team is ready to assist you through your entire experience. They can also arrange for health insurance, housing, free city bus access and other needs. While you are enrolled at Heartland, you will also have free access to:
- an Academic English Language Program (AELP) to prepare you for college-level classes
- free academic supports such as tutoring, a writing center, a research and citations lab
- transfer support to help you make a smooth transitition to a university where you can continue your education
Heartland Community College works very hard to keep tuition and fees highly affordable.
- Heartland out-of-country tuition and fees are $9,936
- Average public four-year university tuition and fees are $23,893*
- Average private four-year university tuition and fees are $32,405*
Books, lodging and transportation costs are not included in these figures.
*Tuition and fees are based on one year of full-time status (12-credit hours per semester). It is common for international students at Heartland to take 15 credit hours per semester. Average tuition and fees for AY 15-16 are available at trends.collegeboard.org.
Life Beyond Heartland
Bloomington-Normal was recently promoted in an article by The Huffington Post, “11 Amazing Cities You’ve Never Thought To Live In, But Should”. It ranked high for its affordable rent, big city amenities and Midwest charm. Learn more about our community at the Bloomington-Normal Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau.