Spring 2024 Commencement Celebrations
We will be hosting our Commencement ceremony on Friday, May 17th at the Grossinger Motors Arena in downtown Bloomington. Commencement will begin at 6:30pm.
- Graduates can pick up their cap and gown May 13-16 (click here for cap and gown pickup details)
- On May 17, graduates are to arrive at Grossinger Motors Arena by 5:30 pm.
- The Arena has a clear bag policy, and only see-through bags with personal belongings will be admitted.
- Parking in Arena lots will be free for Commencement attendees.
- Graduates are to enter on the south side of the Arena at the Pepsi Ice Rink entrance.
- Inside the Arena, Heartland staff will direct you to the check-in area where you will be seated.
- Guests can enter through any open doors and will be directed to guest seating.
Graduates are welcome to invite friends and family to celebrate this milestone!
As always, the saftey and health of our students is our top priority. We will be continually assessing the current situation and guidelines. If there are any changes in our event planning, we will keep you updated.
Congratulations, graduate! This is a great achievement.
Check this website often for updates.
Prepare to Graduate
If you're completing a program of study (including Nurse Assistant and EMT) by the end of the semester, you'll need to apply to graduate. The earlier you apply, the better. That way we can make sure everything is good to go.
We also hope you celebrate your accomplishments by participating in the Commencement ceremony.
Academic Progress Report
Your academic advisor can help you determine how close you are to graduation and answer questions about your specific plan of study. Additionally, you can run your own Academic Progress report. It allows you to chart your progress toward completing the course requirements for your degree.
How to run a Academic Progress report:
- Log into your Student Center
- Enter your login name and password
- Click the Academic Records tile
- Click the Application for Graduation tab