Virtual, hands-on STEM.
Zero teacher prep.
Integrates CCSS and NGSS.
100% Teacher-Ready Solution
Vacation to Space includes 9 hours of fully-prepared, hands-on lessons that integrate essential Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science Standards. Targeting 5th/6th grades, the program can be completed remotely, or in the classroom so you have maximum flexibility. Pre-assembled individual activity kits are shipped right to you. Get the kits to the students and you’re set for a powerful Science EDventure!
Through Vacation to Space Students Will:
- Enjoy easy-to-use augmented reality
- Interact with CLC STEM Education Specialists during live Zoom sessions
- Hear from NASA scientists and engineers
- Make hypothesis and perform experiments
- Discuss, analyze, and share their results exactly like NASA scientists.
- Vacation to Space activities and assessments
- Scheduling your live sessions
- Need-based classroom scholarships
How Vacation to Space is Structured
This Science EDventure has three modules. Each includes an introductory lesson, a live, virtual session you schedule with the CLC, and a concluding lesson.
- Build Your Ride – Students design a film canister rocket and explain how they made it fly.
- Find Your Way – Students learn to navigate the stars and create their own constellation.
- Explore Your Destination – Students build a rover to journey across the planet and modify their design to help it cross different types of terrain.
Multiple assessments that emphasize application of standards are included in the teacher materials.
Cost per classroom of 26 students: $595
- 9 hours of programming
- Supply kits for each student
- Title I funding applies
- CLC scholarships available
- Ask us about special bundling options
Step 1: Complete the booking intake form below.
Step 2: Our team will be in touch to complete the booking process!
What Teachers Are Saying About Vacation to Space
“Our students got such a kick out of making their gliders and connecting over Zoom to share their results."
“Loved that I could pick an assessment that was right for my students – flexibility is great!”
“Seeing NASA experts was really fun for my students! Made for great conversations as a class.”
- (309) 268-8700