College NOW Program
Dual Credit Program Objectives
According to the Dual Credit Quality Act (DCQA), the purpose of dual credit partnerships between community colleges and secondary schools is to:
- reduce college costs;
- speed time to degree completion;
- improve the curriculum for high school students and the alignment of the curriculum with college and workplace expectations;
- facilitate the transition between high school and college;
- enhance communication between high schools and colleges; and
- offer opportunities for improving degree attainment for underserved student populations.
We outline ways to strive to meet the DCQA objectives in our administrative standards and partnership procedures. We also host annual convenings to discuss the details of our early college partnerships! Illinois District 540 secondary school administrators and counselors can RSVP for the Fall 2023 meeting now!