Class Completion Guidelines
The McLean County Circuit Court requires that you complete your traffic safety school class at least 30 days before your supervision termination date. Failure to complete your class at least 30 days BEFORE your supervision termination date will result in a conviction being placed on your record.
If you are taking the class outside of McLean County, you must mail the ORIGINAL certificate of completion to our office no later than 30 business days before your termination date. Failure to verify the completion of your class will result in a conviction being placed on your record.
- You must be 18 years or older (under 18—must attend court).
- You must NOT hold a Commercial Drivers License (CDL—must attend court).
- You must NOT have attended Traffic Safety School within the last 12 months.
- You must pay your fine and fees to the McLean County Circuit Clerk’s Office.
- Classes are offered on select Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Call the Traffic Safety School Office at (309) 268-8159 for specific dates and times. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation letter in the mail with your course date, time and location.
- Classes are held at Heartland Community College in the Workforce Development Center.
- Check the "reschedule deadline" on your confirmation letter. You can reschedule any time before the "reschedule deadline." If you call after the deadline, you will be charged $25.
- You are welcome to participate in our courses. You must get approval from the county in which you received the ticket, as well as pay our course fee before you can register. You will recieve a certificate of completion at the end of your course.
Note: It is your responsibility to send your certificate of completion to the county in which you received your citation.
Our classes use the curriculum developed by National Curriculum and Training Institute (NCTI). You will learn and review basic traffic laws as well as objectively look at your driving behavior and make a personal commitment to positively alter your driving habits.
During the class you will:
- Discover how your attitude affects driving behavior
- Realize how attitudes can override values
- Reflect on your behavior through Personal Awareness Journaling
- Review proper driving techniques
- Set goals that will help avoid future driving problems
- Commit to never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Develop a renewed awareness of driving responsibilities
- Make a firm commitment to change at least one bad driving habit
- If you attend and complete your class, Heartland Community College will notify McLean County regarding your program completion and will present you with a certificate of completion for your personal records.
Note: If you were ordered by a judge to complete a traffic school then you may need to still show them proof of completion by showing them your course completion certificate even if you completed with us.
Call the Heartland Community College Traffic Safety Program office at (309) 268-8159.
Call the McLean County Circuit Clerk’s Office at (309) 888-5310 or (309) 888-5313.