Student Conduct Guidelines
As a patron of Heartland Community College student services, you are expected to abide by basic rules of civility, respect and courtesy. HCC students using these service areas (i.e. Open Computer Lab, Testing, Tutoring, Library, Writing Center and Student Access and Accommodation Services) must adhere to the Student Code of Conduct as stated in the HCC Student Handbook. To ensure a pleasant and productive environment for study and research for all users, the following guidelines have been established.
Access to the HCC service areas is a privilege, not a right.
- Patrons will refrain from actions that are not conducive to an academic environment.
- Patrons will refrain from disruptive use of cell phones or other electronic devices within service areas.
- Patrons may not bring food into service areas. Water is acceptable, provided the container is securely capped.
- Young children are not to be left unattended. A parent, guardian, and/or an accompanying adult will be held responsible for the child's behavior, actions and any resulting damages.
- Loud, boisterous or disruptive behavior will not be permitted.
- Patrons will not physically, verbally, or with gestures threaten, abuse or assault another person.
- Patrons will not leave personal items unattended. Heartland is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Patrons will adhere to the separate rules and policies of each service area.
Administrators, faculty and staff are fully authorized to interpret and apply these guidelines as each situation warrants.
Anyone who violates these policies/guidelines will be so informed and asked to stop the offensive conduct and/or leave. Patrons must show identification when requested to do so by service area personnel. HCC Safety and Security Services will be called when necessary. Continued violation of these policies/guidelines may result in permanent expulsion from these services areas.