Truck Driver Training Costs and Support
The truck program is $4,900. In addition:
- You will pay OSF around $115 when you go for your required Department of Transportation physical and drug screen. Print and fill out the appropriate form below.
- You will pay the DMV $50 when you take the permit exam.
- Your enrollment fee in the Academy is non-refundable, even if you do not complete the program. However, case-by-case decisions will be made in special circumstances that might allow you to finish your training in a future session.
You can finance your program using a six-month, interest-free payment plan through Nelnet. There is a required down payment of $730 and a one-time Nelnet enrollment fee of $25. If you are a Nussbaum-sponsored student, the company provides the $1,000 down payment and you will finance the $3,200 balance using Nelnet. Please note:
- No credit check is needed, but Nelnet does charge penalties for missed or late payments.
- You are responsible for the full Nelnet balance, even if you do not complete the truck program.
- You need to provide your bank account number or credit/debit card information when you come for your registration appointment in order to set up your Nelnet account. There is a small fee associated if you choose to use a credit/debit card.
There are funds available that may help you pay program costs. It is important to start your application for financial support at least one month before your desired class.
Check each financial support you are able to tap into:
If you are a veteran:
- Contact the Director of Financial Aid at HCC at (309) 268-8051 about the Illinois Veterans Grant.
If you are currently unemployed or are earning less than you need to meet expenses:
- Complete the training support form for your county’s workforce office because you may be eligible for full or partial support:
- McLean County - Career Link Form
- Livingston County - Livingston Workforce Services Form
- Logan County - Illinois workNet Center Form
If you are interested in finding tuition assistance from an area trucking company:
- Find out the options by reviewing the Truck Company Information in the next section.