Complete placement, class, and upward mobility testing in Pontiac.
Schedule an Assessment Appointment
- Go to Make an Appointment.
- Click on Schedule an in-person placement appointment tab.
- Complete the form.
- Choose Pontiac Campus as your assessment location.
- Provide first, second, and third choices.
- Submit the form.
|Monday||8am - 3pm|
|Tuesday||8am - 3pm|
|Wednesday||8am - 3pm|
|Thursday||8am - 3pm|
|Friday||8am - 1pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||Closed|
It is a good idea to prepare for ACCUPLACER or ALEKS by refreshing your memory on math formulas, reading skills and general test taking tips. Taking time to prepare before the test can increase your confidence, and it is likely you will be more successful.
Visit the College Board website to create a free account and take practice tests in Reading Comprehension, Elementary Algebra and College Level Math.
You can find a list of other study resources here.
ALEKS (Math Placement)
Applicalbe to Math appointments only. You will need to complete a practice ALEKS attempt and spend time in the learning modules before you attend your proctored attempt.
- All first-time college students must take the full placement test (reading comprehension and math), unless one of the following criteria is met:
- You have previous college-level credit for placement.
- You are a transfer student, in which the eligibility of a waiver is based on previous coursework shown on a transcript.
- You have taken Heartland courses at Normal, Lincoln, or Pontiac campus, or through the dual credit program and previous scores are still active.
- You scored well enough on ACT, SAT/PSAT, PARCC or external placement testing scores. A detailed list with placement testing scores can be found here.