Heartland Course Testing
We administer exams at the request of the instructor.
If you need to take a make-up exam, or a quiz/exam for your online or hybrid course in the Testing Center on campus, you should work with your instructor to make sure it is available during the Testing Center's hours and by the instructor's deadline.
The following guidelines have been established:
- A Photo ID is required for all testing
- Please arrive to the Testing Center knowing your course number, instructor's name and your student ID number for check-in
- In order to take your exam, your name must be listed on your instructor's request form
- We will not administer exams after the instructor-specified deadline
- Book bags and other belongings must be stored in a provided locker
- Cell phones, smart watches and all other non-medical electronic devices must be silenced and stored in a provided locker
- Due to unique circumstances presented by testing situations, children are not allowed in the testing area
- Minors who accompany students and wait outside the Testing Center must have another adult present for supervision. Students who are accompanied by minor children will not be admitted to the Testing Center unless another adult is present to supervise the minor
- Only water bottles are allowed in the testing room after they are checked by staff
- Academic integrity and compliance with the student code of conduct are expected of all students while in the Testing Center. Suspected violations will be reported to the appropriate Director
- Exams cannot be started within 30 minutes of closing
- All exams are collected at closing
Can't make it to campus to test for your online or hybrid course? Find a testing center in your area to arrange a remote test, and have the exam returned to your instructor. Please note that various proctoring fees and scheduling requirements may apply.
Alternative testing is an appropriate service for many students with special needs. Testing accommodations for students with documented disabilities must be arranged by the student through the Student Access and Accommodation Services (SAAS) office. For more information on what documentation is required, contact Student Access and Accommodation Services at 309-268-8259.
Students requiring extended time only for testing needs may complete exams during regular Testing Center hours. To test with a separate area, assistive technology, or other accommodations, please schedule an appointment with Student Access and Accommodation Services at least 48 hours in advance.