Determine the best courses for your success at Heartland.
- Submit an HCC application.
- Determine if you can waive your placement test.
- Click on Make an Appointment to choose whether you will complete the placement test remotely or in-person.
- After your testing appointment, a Heartland staff member will review your results with you based on Heartland's placement ranges (PDF).
- After testing is complete, all new students must contact Advisement and meet with an academic advisor as part of the enrollment process. This step does not apply to College NOW students taking Heartland courses through their high school.
ACCUPLACER is a computer-adaptive placement test to help determine what classes are appropriate for you.
Summer 2021 Placement Deadline
In order to enroll in your desired course, the Testing Center recommends completing placement testing by the indicated date. Please refer to the class schedule for more information about the courses.
|Course||Start Date||Recommended Placement deadline|
|6 week (1), 4 week (1)||May 17||May 10|
|8 week (1), 6 week (2)||June 1||May 24|
|6 week (3), 4 week (2)||June 14||June 7|
|6 week (4)||June 28||June 21|
Releasing and Protecting Your Educational Records
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects your educational reocrds. It requires your written consent before protected information can be disseminated. Also, it allows you to prevent the College from sharing Directory Information without your consent. Click here for additional information and forms.
To release your official ACCUPLACER score report to another institution, fill out the Score Release Form
To view your ACCUPLACER score report, enter your information on the ACCUPLACER Student Portal
Do you have test anxiety? If you need a safe place and someone to talk with about your college and life experiences, Heartland offers free counseling services.
What is your definition of success? Success Connections will help you achieve it!