Determine the best courses for your success at Heartland.
- Submit an HCC application.
- Determine if you can waive your placement test
- Click on Make an Appointment to choose the location where you will complete the placement test.
- After your testing appointment, a Heartland staff member will review your results with you based on Heartland's placement ranges (PDF).
- After testing is complete, all new students must contact Advisement and meet with an academic advisor as part of the enrollment process. This step does not apply to College NOW students taking Heartland courses through their high school.
Summer 2022 Recommended Placement Deadline
In order to enroll in your desired course, the Testing Center recommends completing placement testing by the indicated date. Please refer to the class schedule for more information about the courses.
|Course||Start Date||Recommended Placement Completion|
|12 week, 1st 6 week, 1st 4 week||May 16||May 9|
|8 week, 2nd 6 week||June 6||May 27|
|2nd 4 week||June 13||June 6|
|3rd 6 week||June 20||June 13|
|4th 6 week||June 27||June 20|
Releasing and Protecting Your Educational Records
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects your educational records. It requires your written consent before protected information can be disseminated. Also, it allows you to prevent the College from sharing Directory Information without your consent. Click here for additional information and forms for FERPA.
To release your official ACCUPLACER or ALEKS score report to another institution, fill out the Score Release Form
To view your ACCUPLACER score report, enter your information on the ACCUPLACER Student Portal
Do you have test anxiety? If you need a safe place and someone to talk with about your college and life experiences, Heartland offers free counseling services.
What is your definition of success? Success Connections will help you achieve it!