Radiography is the medical profession that uses x-rays to make images of the structures of the body.
DUE TO THE CURRENT PANDEMIC OUTBREAK, THIS PROGRAM MAY NOT BE DELIVERED EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED OR IN THE TIME FRAME INDICATED.
Due to multiple factors including COVID and program revision, the Radiography program is changing to a summer start date, effective June 1, 2021. The program will continue to be six semesters in length, graduating in May.
The Radiography program is a two-year degree program that prepares students for an occupation in the professional field of medical radiography (x-ray technology). Related imaging modalities include computed tomography, angiography, magnetic resonance imaging, and mammography. Radiography is a specialty within the field of Radiologic Technology, along with diagnostic medical sonography, nuclear medicine, and radiation therapy.
Please see https://www.heartland.edu/rad/opportunitiesForTechnologists.html for more information on advancing your career in Computed Tomography.
Transfer Options for Advancing Your Education and Career Beyond the AAS in Radiography
Schools that Heartland Community College has transfer agreements with:
SIU Carbondale - Allied Health Division - Articulation Agreement
- Copy and paste this link to access specific information for programs at SIU including CT, MRI, Radiation Therapy, Radiology Management and Leadership
- SIU also has a Sonography program available that will accept our students on a case-by-case basis
University of St. Francis Joliet - Articulation Agreement
- Copy and paste this link to access specific information
- St. Francis Bridge Program (PDF)
|Application process begins||September 1|
|Application deadline||January 1|
|Supporting documentation due||January 15|
|Program decisions made||February 15-March 15|
RAD Upcoming Events
We strongly recommend you attend one of these informational sessions. All information meetings are held at the main campus in Normal, IL, unless otherwise noted.
Day Time Room
To be determined. Please watch this space for the next scheduled information session.
Please register for this event at https://visit.heartland.edu
The ATI TEAS is only offered online.
- To schedule a date through Heartland, please click on "Health Sciences" at https://www.heartland.edu/appointments/. Leave the search parameters blank to schedule a test date between September 1 and January 15. You will receive a confirmation email to your myHeartland account. A $70 test fee must be paid online by credit card at the time of testing. Carefully review all information at https://atitesting.com/teas/register/teas-online-at-institution.
- For wider test availability, you may schedule a test date through ATI at https://atitesting.com/teas/register/teas-at-ati. There is an additional test fee for this option.
Study materials are available at the Heartland Library or may be purchased at https://atitesting.com/teas-prep.
Students may take the ATI TEAS twice within an application cycle. The highest score of the two attempts will be used for evaluation. TEAS scores are valid for two application cycles.
A mandatory program orientation for the Class of 2024 cohort will occur on Thursday, April 21, 2022. Admitted students to the program will not be enrolled in courses without attending. The orientation will be held in the Instructional Commons Building (ICB), room 1706. The time is yet to be determined and will be posted here when announced.
The Class of 2023 Pinning Ceremony will be held in May of 2023. Date, time, and location will be posted here when determined.